The legal adviser will contribute to information gathering, analyzing, reporting and networking in the fields of Rule of Law, Democracy Building, Good Governance, Anti-corruption and Fundamental Rights.
Applications deadline: 11th of January 2019.
The applications must contain:
– a letter of motivation in English;
– the resume;
– the names of two persons of reference;
– a copy of the law degree.
Rule of Law
– providing legal expertise and analysis of developments in relation to the broader concept of Rule of Law, including democracy, good governance, judicial reforms and fundamental rights;
– submitting relevant information and legal advice in the before mentioned policy fields related to Romania to all relevant stakeholders in The Hague, and, when necessary, to representatives of Civil Society and like-minded diplomatic missions in Romania;
– analyzing and monitoring legislative proposals and the subsequent parliamentary procedure, as well as other developments related to legislation, institutions, Civil Society (NGOs), EU and International Organisations relevant to the promotion of the Rule of Law;
– preparing briefings (including weekly briefing notes to update on Rule of Law developments), speaking notes, and drafting of reports to The Hague on the
broader concept of Rule of Law;
– building and maintaining a professional network, in conjunction with the other members of the “Rule of Law Team”, with local and NL institutions, Civil Society and international organisations in the field of Rule of Law in
the broader sense;
– liaising with the legal department of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (DJZ) and the Dutch Ministry for Justice on these topics;
– representing the Embassy within the scope of his/her responsibilities and assignments in Rule of Law, justice, human rights, and related meetings, workshops, briefings, coordination meetings and conferences;
– preparing all relevant administrative documents (BeMo) and following the approval, implementation (drafting of contract and payment request) and finalization (assessment of final report) of all projects in Romania on the above mentioned topics, in as far as they are related to Rule of Law and human rights (POBB, MRF), under supervision of the Senior Policy Advisor;
– assisting all sections of the Embassy in the legal analysis of national rules and regulations, the effect of decrees and other decisions of the Romanian government, as well as implementation of EU regulations in national law;
– providing legal advice to the Management Team (MT) and General Affairs Cluster on (changes in) national legislation and local regulations, such as staff regulations, contact matters and all other legal aspects;
– setting up of events in the framework of his/her responsibilities and when necessary helping in the organization of various general Embassy events;
– university degree in law, covering i.e. constitutional, European, international, criminal and/or civil law, incl. a knowledge of the Romanian court system and rulings.
– minimum three years’ relevant working experience by providing legal expertise in the field of Rule of Law, the justice sector reforms, good governance and democracy.
– fluent in Romanian and English, both verbally and in writing. Knowledge of Dutch is an advantage.
– 24/7 availability, given the volatile developments related to the broader Rule of Law domain.
– sound communication and writing skills.
– networker: possesses a broad network of legal experts and practitioners, plus other relevant stakeholders in the broader Rule of Law area.
– proven positive, constructive attitude and excellence in ‘one team’ environment.
– ability to think analytically, stress resistance, integrity
– willing to travel to the Netherlands as well as in the region, if necessary.
11 ianuarie 2019 este data pana la care puteti aplica direct pentru rolul Legal Adviser in cadrul Ambasadei Olandeze din Bucuresti. Pentru a se califica, dosarul trebuie sa contina atat scrisoare de intentie, diploma studiilor in domeniul juridic cat si numele a 2 persoane ce pot oferi recomandari. Pentru a aplica, va invitam sa intrati pe www.randstad.ro. Mult succes!